Privacy Notice and Consent
Purposes and legal basis
Based on this consent Bausch & Lomb (Australia) Pty Ltd as the Data Controller (hereafter: “Bausch Health” or “Data Controller” or “us”) will process the above specified personal data (hereafter: “your personal data”) to invite you, via your e-mail address or any other way of electronic communication, to join marketing research activities and to send you marketing communications about Bausch Health products and services.
Access to personal data and transfer
In the course of our activities and for the same purposes as those listed herein your personal data may be accessed by or transferred to the following categories of recipients, on a need to know basis to achieve such purposes:
- our personnel (including personnel, departments or other companies of the Bausch Health group);
- our suppliers and services providers that provide services and products to us;
- our IT systems providers, cloud service providers, database providers and consultants;
- our business partners who offer products or services jointly with us or with our subsidiaries or affiliates;
- any third party to whom we may assign or novate any of our rights or obligations.
The above third parties are contractually obliged to protect the confidentiality and security of your personal data, in compliance with applicable law.
Your personal data can also be accessed by or transferred to any national and/or international regulatory, enforcement, public body or court, where we are required to do so by applicable law or regulation or at their request.
The personal data we collect from you may also be processed, accessed or stored in a country outside the country where Bausch Health is located, which may not offer the same level of protection of personal data.
If we transfer your personal data to external companies in other jurisdictions, we will make sure to protect your personal data by applying the level of protection required under the local data protection/privacy laws and only transferring your personal data on the basis of standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission or any other equivalent legal means where applicable.
For intra-group transfers of personal data Bausch Health entities have signed dedicated Standard Contractual Clauses.
Protecting your personal data
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational measures to provide an adequate level of security and confidentiality to your personal data.
We will only retain personal data we may have about you for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, in order to comply with legal or regulatory requirements or until the moment we receive an e-mail from you “opting out” from receiving marketing communications from us.
Data Subjects rights
You may exercise the following rights under the conditions and within the limits set forth in the applicable regulations:
- the right to access your personal data as processed by us and, if you believe that any information relating to you is incorrect, obsolete or incomplete, to request its correction or updating;
- the right to request the erasure of your personal data or the restriction thereof to specific categories of processing;
- the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of the processing before such withdrawal;
- the right to object, in whole or in part, to the processing of your personal data;
- the right to object to a channel of communication used for direct marketing purposes; and
- the right to request its portability, i.e. that the personal data you have provided to us be returned to you or transferred to the person of your choice, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format without hindrance from us and subject to your confidentiality obligations.
The exercise of your above listed rights will not have any negative impact upon you. If you have a question or want to exercise the above rights, you may send an email to Dpo_anz@bausch.com. You also have a right to lodge a complaint with the Supervisory Authority for data protection in your country. You may opt out from receiving marketing communications from us at any given time, by sending an email to Dpo_anz@bausch.com or by clicking on the link at the bottom of every received e-message sent by us.